Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tayto 45G to 37G

Options
  • 10-11-2023 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭

Not that long ago Tayto increased its RRP by about 40c. This was somewhat justified as they had increased the size to 45G. I remember getting fuel in a rural petrol station and noticing thus at the time. I actually thought it was the share pack shrunk down and commented about it. This was just before the pandemic iirc.

Anyway they have reduced the size of their packets to 37g. When did this happen? I searched online and it seems nobody has even noticed. From appearances, Walkers have increased their packet sizes albeit 50% extra free.

And no I wouldn't touch this carb s***te with a barge pole. My stepson was hungry and I got him the meal deal in Tesco. Noticed the packet was smaller than the last time I paid attention to it.

Nice monopoly they have. TAYTO, Kings, Perri, KP, Sam Spudz etc. All once independent companies. How the hell CCPC approved this in the first place.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭JVince

45g must be relatively recent.

I always thought they were 37g

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Viscount Aggro

25g is the norm for a single packet of crisps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

If only it wasn't compulsory to eat crisps then there might be a solution to this critical First World problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

its the norm for mulitpack crisps, but not for singular retail packs, unless some shop is cracking open multipacks and selling them. The mulipacks used to be the same as the singular multipacks, but I think that is decades ago. This is simple to check, go to tesco or supervalus website, search crisps and sort by price. There are no crisps at or below 25g sold singly, as in slices of whole potatoes that are fried, not lightweight "snacks" like skips, snax, rancheros etc.

It is a ridiculous premium for convenience, just like a 500ml bottle of coke can cost more than the larger bottles. I cannot remember the last time I bought a regular single small bag of crisps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Viscount Aggro

I see its 170c for a small packet of crisps in most retail outlets.

i would not pay this anywhere, ever.. and I can afford it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,060 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Tayto way ahead of all the other Networks. Vodafone are still only on 5G

Advertisement