Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about the general building contractors

Options
  • 10-11-2023 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello,

I was just wandering if it's common for building contractors to ask you if you wish to pay normally via bank or if you want to go cash to avoid VAT when they do the assessment, even for expensive works on a new house. Just out of curiosity as I had this experience recently.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭embracingLife

Yes it's common. But usually chancers ask this. Best advice is don't employ them or insist on bank payments and vat and receipts. If pay cash they usually cut corners on the job and it becomes a major headache.

But if they do or don't screw up the job you got no guarantee afterwards. No way would I pay cash for a big job on a house.

Advertisement