Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inside Out 2 [Pixar]

Options
  • 09-11-2023 9:20pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Well, at least this gets a cinema run and not dumped on Disney+

Sceptical this can manage the same magic trick of the original, as Pixar has been really variable of late. Haven't checked if this has any of the original writers or directors behind it.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Star Trek crossover going by the thread title? 🚀

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Lol! Stupid autocorrect. Well, my phone sure knows where I spend most of my time here anyway 😂

I have half a mind to leave it like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭santana75

Pete Docter seems to be completely missing from the credits, which is not a good sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,970 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

I enjoyed Inside Out and would have preferred had they left the puberty thing as just a fun ending/credit sequence.

I'm not totally against this if they have something interesting to bring. If it is just a whole "Oh teenagers, ye are all big bags of crazy" then that's been done to death. However there are plenty if interesting and important topics they could address.

I mean the first one was great. Bingbong alone was heart-breaking. And the overall theme of accepting "Sadness not being a bad emotion" was intriguing.

So there are many angles they could pursue. Peer pressure, Social media anxiety, as opposed to simplistic "Boys!!!!! Girls!!!!!" While fun credit sequence it needs more to flesh out.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I'd at least be vaguely confident even this version of Pixar would have the nous to do more with the adolescent angle than simple "Teenagers are chaos" energy. Stuff like Soul or Turning Red showed the studio still has a degree of nuance between their ears, indeed the latter was itself a story of being a teen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,970 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

And underappreciated. Not a classic but certainly had its moments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

This one is being written by one of the co-writers of the first film, but will be the debut feature for its director, who has been at Pixar for around a decade (but only directed 1 short so far).

Time will tell, I suppose, but I will be waiting on reviews for this one...

• Registered Users Posts: 85,053 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I loved 1 so will check this out

New trailer out, giving us a look at the new emotions (though in fairly sure the parents should have their own set lol)

Advertisement