Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SUSI Refused for Refused for previously attended Undergraduate Level 8 Course

Options
  • 09-11-2023 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi,

My Daughter changed from completing year 1 on one course to year 1 on another course.

We were refused the SUSI grant on account of her having previously attended year 1 on a different course.

Does it matter that we were not in receipt of the SUSI grant for this previous course?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭CrazyEric

"You must be progressing in your education by attending an approved course:

• that leads to a higher level of qualification than any you may already hold;"

As she has already completed year 1 she is at the same level not progressing.

If your circumstances have changed significantly ( assuming some change as you are now eligible) you could try "Change of circumstances". I always found that if you call the support line they are ,usually, quite knowledgeable and helpful.

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 paulod123

Thanks for the update. I rang the helpdesk and indeed, regardless of having not been in receipt of the grant before is irrelivant.

Seems unfair but there you go.

Advertisement