Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Learner's Insurance for RSA driving test

Options
  • 08-11-2023 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

I've my RSA driving test coming up in a couple of weeks, and I'm wondering what the story is with insurance for the driving test. I was going to do the test in my instructor's car, but unfortunately it won't be available for the time. So I'm wondering if I could do it in my relation's car? The car is insured for them, but it's not insured for me as the learner as an additional named driver. We called them up, and unfortunately, I can't get an additional named driver's insurance for this car because they don't issue it to people under the age of 30 with this scheme. If I arrive to test with the car, will they check that an additional named driver isn't insured, or will they be happy with the current insurance plate for my relation?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,939 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

So you intend to do your test while uninsured, or is this a wind up?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 SirUlysses

The car will be insured for my relation, just not for me. It doesn't specify who is insured on the disc, so it looks fine. But I imagine if they look up the ID, they won't see my name.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 ADHD and Me

For the driving test they will only look to see if the discs are up to date. They won't check your personal insurance details.

Should you do your test uninsured? No

• Registered Users Posts: 2,939 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Why sit the test? If you're the type of person who drives uninsured, then driving without a licence is no big deal

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭CrazyEric

Ask your driving instructor to speak to the other instructors in the area and see if you can rent a different instructors car.

• Advertisement
Advertisement