Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trulicity/Dulaglutide for Type 2 Diabetes

Options
  • 08-11-2023 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Sorry if this has been talked about before, I can't find a dedicated thread.

Is there anyone here currently on this or similar weekly injections for Type2 Diabetes? I started it last week (am 2 injections in) and wondered if other people were having similar symptoms to me: nausea; feeling full while having hunger pangs; occasional headaches. I have also been physically sick on one occasion. I understand part of the work it does it to help with weight management and the GP warned me that some nausea would be expected.

Has anyone been on it for a while and do some of the symptoms settle down a bit? I am trialling it for 6 months while still on 500mg Metformin twice a day.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Kalimah

Deleted - double post

My husband was on it for a month before he had to give it up. The side affects were awful, nausea, vomiting, apathy. I was so concerned I did a bit of research online. I found some posts on the Diabetes UK and there were similar stories, Very few people had anything good to say about it. My husband is a very motivated person but the change in him was visible. He just didn't feel like doing anything.

Our GP was a bit dismissive- said the nausea and sickness were probably a gastric virus! Hubby will very likely have to go on insulin injections in the future. Although he is good for taking the meds he virtually never does blood sugar readings and I don't think he eats at the right time.

Have a look online for more on Trulicity. There's quite a bit there.

I forgot the diarrhoea and indigestion!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Meathcat

Thanks so much! Yes I am finding the nausea hard to deal with, though I have generally only had maybe 3 days of it each week. My GP told me it was one of the side effects so sounds like your husband's GP didn't really know the side effects. Mine advised that I take some Motillium on the day that I have the injection so I have just taken it really when I feel really sick. I already have the occasional diarrhoea from Metformin ha! I am on a medication called Lansoprazole for stomach issues so that covers the indigestion.

I don't know how people take this to help with weight loss. I'm not sure the benefits outweigh the side-effects. 3 weeks in and no weight loss so far, even though I am absolutely eating less!

I forgot he's on Nexium for the indigestion - esopremazole I think. My husband lost weight rapidly. It was awful to see.

• Advertisement

I couldn't deal with constant nausea if it was me to be honest.

Advertisement