Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What type of stone to use to raise ground for steel workshop foundation?

Options
  • 08-11-2023 8:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi All,

Hope someone can help, I'm hoping to put in a new workshop/garage (40ft x 20ft) in the next few weeks but need to raise the ground to match the level of the current back garden area so need to raise it up 600m finish height, I'm going with 125mm (5") concrete slab so I'm wondering what stone I should use to raise the ground up the extra 475mm? I would have used 804 however I'm reading now that you shouldn't use 804 anymore so just wondering what to use now?

Also if I'm raising the ground, do I still need to excavate the ground or can I just compact into the soil ground? Ground is rock solid soil and after about 6" of digging is all rock

Also any idea of what this stone is costing? Extremely roughly

Comments

Advertisement