Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thriftmas / Christmas

Options
  • 07-11-2023 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭

This year I'm planning on doing "Thriftmas" - basically it is shopping for gifts only in Charity Shops, Thrift Stores or in other vintage shops (local or online). I've already bought some Christmas decorations in Oxfam that were made by women in developing countries.

Planning on also making up gift sets such as buying 2 second hand champagne glasses and then packing them nicely in a box with a bottle of champagne, etc.

The other thing I'm doing is using new Christmas print tea towels / flour sacks as gift wrap rather than wrapping paper.

Anyone doing anything else like this?!

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Yes, and I've done it in the past, too. I love doing it (and I'd love to get something like that), but I still don't know if anyone else is of the same view.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

I think most people appreciate the thought and are happy to appreciate a heartfelt gift, even if it is thrifted from a charity shop

Advertisement