Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saorview Reception in Sligo Town

Options
  • 07-11-2023 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭

Tried on the Sligo Forum and it was suggested I post here.

I am trying to connect to Saorview with an indoor amplified aerial and a LG television.

Not having any luck with this.

I can clearly see the truskmore transmitter from my house.

Any tips.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,343 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Have you done a retune on the TV and selected digital (rather than analog) if it's offered? How old is the TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Yes, it is a 2-3 year old LG TV with WEb OS. I set to for Digital, both cable and teresterial. It is set up as a UK TV in the settings for the apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,540 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Is its set to UK it might be placing the Saorview channels in the 800's

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Delta Lima

Truskmore transmit tv on channels 42 and 45.

You could try doing a manual tune on those numbers.

On my LG you go to Settings > All Settings > Programmes > Tuning > Manual Tuning > Antenna DTV > ( choose either 42, or 45)

At that stage I have both a signal strength and quality scale . You could try adjusting your aerial at this stage before you do the actual tune.

Let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭winston_1

Amplifiers on indoor aerials are a waste of time, money, and electricity. They just make the received noise louder noise.

Get an outdoor aerial installed as the broadcasters recommend.

• Advertisement
Advertisement