Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone hazard a guess at what this might weigh? Stanley S80

Options
  • 06-11-2023 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,194 ✭✭✭✭

thanks

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

They weigh an awful lot! I moved one from my parents house years ago and I remember it being a big struggle. Can't remember how many of us did it, maybe 3 or 4. I'd guess 500kgs. We should have kept it really I'd say it's worth money now. Or maybe not. I'm not sure.

For reference, the one in link below is 356kg and it looks smaller.

http://www.joesimon.ie/appliances/appliances/cooking-appliances/cookers/stanley/brandon-cast-iron-oil-range-cooker-forest-green

• Registered Users Posts: 17,260 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Roadtoad

If you are moving it to be rehomed take the doors, lids etc off for safekeeping. Chipped enamel is a pain.

Source: school of hard knocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,266 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

We moved one about 20 years ago sitting on cut sections of spade handle as rollers. It was out the door in minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,194 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

How did you get it up on the rollers in the first place

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,266 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

3 fellas and just tilted it.

Advertisement