Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin's new Horological Quarter

Options
  • 06-11-2023 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭

I'm sure I'm months if not perhaps years behind the curve on this such is my social life and the rarity with which I find myself in the city at all. But there I was last week, walking through Chatham (?) street and I was amazed by the London-esque fancy-pants block of top end watch boutiques, all next to each other.

Has anyone been in? They were in the middle of closing when I was there and (which must be a complete pain in the ass) putting all the stock away for the night. There was Tag Heuer, Cartier, Tudor, Hublot, Panerai.... - For all I know they're all brands under the same umbrella, or maybe they do actually "compete" with one another. All very fancy and flash looking. Very attractive in one sense, but then I don't know if I'm the kind of moth they'd want darkening their doors. - Lots of besuited, white-gloved assistants inside. I wonder how they'd react to a window-licker such as myself. Are the bona-fide retail outlets or just advertising and marketing showrooms for the brands.

Pretty cool anyway I have to say.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭dragratchet

all brought over by Paul Sheeran as far as I know. Bought a tank from the Cartier outlet earlier in the year and it was a nice customer experience generally. There is a bar within the building and they invite patrons to come in for a drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,691 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

lovely shops and very welcoming but afaik they dont do discounts which for those brands is a hard sell imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭scwazrh

I’d say the discounts will be back in a year or so.Terrible time to make such a big investment in watch shops.I wonder do the brands part fund?

• Registered Users Posts: 64,837 ✭✭✭✭unkel

You'd be insane to go in, buy a watch and pay €1000 for a free whiskey 😂

I reckon the only way stores like that can do a discount is if the manufacturer drops prices (car makers doing it now ) the whole idea is to stop discounting .

makes the stuff a very hard sell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭scwazrh

I was flying from Charles de gaulle two weeks ago and had a nose through the airside watch shops. No rolex available to but all the Tudor model’s available at 15% off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

I didn't go into Paul Sheeran's place but was walking around the area Saturday. Kish jewelers and swiss watch club aren't too far away from there either. Seems to be the area to go for a new or pre-owned watch.

Anyone purchased from Kish before?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭893bet

Anyone else seeing boards bugs with posts not showing?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Any of ye lob a cinder block and grab a piece last night.... ? 🥷😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭mailforkev

If I made my feelings about what I think should happen to those scumbags from last night public I’d probably get a site ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Or a round of applause, more like.

Advertisement