Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sprint weekends

Options
  • 05-11-2023 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭

Given sprints are a real marmite subject, I thought it would be good to see what people would be happy with. Like them or not I don't see them going as the aim is to get more meaningful on track action to encourage people to attend/view on a Friday.

My preference for a race weekend would be:

Friday: FP1 and Sprint race.

Saturday: FP2 and Qualifying

Sunday: Race

Sprint Duration: I would make it a bit longer than it currently is, maybe 2/5 race distance rather than 1/3. A couple of them have always felt they ended a lap or two too soon.

Sprint Qualifying: None, start order of Sprint is reverse championship.

Points: Sprint points would count towards the championship. I don't see the value on having a separate sprint series unless there was a sprint every race weekend, and even then, unless there are championship points up for grabs I don't see the lower ranked teams putting much effort into the sprints.

Parc ferme: would happen after qualifying on a Saturday so whatever happens during the sprint want ruin the entire weekend.

So what would other fans be happy with?

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

Comments

Advertisement