Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Dunlavin like to live for families.

Options
  • 05-11-2023 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi, its my first time using boards.ie so I maybe posting this in the wrong section. I am looking for information on dunlavin wicklow. I am considering moving there from Dublin and need to know if it is a good area for families with young kids. I have driven through a few times and notice alot closing down in the village and worried could it be a shrinking village?

Any information be great. Are football clubs good for kids? Are local gyms good for adults?

Answers

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,060 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Have a look at how far you have to go for shopping. Kids, where will they go to school. Can they cycle. Is it too quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

There was a massacre on the green in 1798 and to be honest the place never recovered ,beautiful countryside but inhospitable to outsiders

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭French Toast

Excellent secondary school.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 knowmore1

Thanks for information. My kids are still in primary school but good to know...

Beer tons thanks for reflection. We live in North county dublin now with everything we need available however traffic, noise, no peace and quiet and the constant influx of people has made us change....just want some green space and peace and value for money with property prices...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,806 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Secondary school one of the best around

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Have been in it a couple of times and it seems very quiet. It also seems pretty dead too though, last time there I was in a cafe on the main street and I couldnt get a sandwich at 3pm on a Sunday. There was only one other customer inside it which was surprising for a Sunday. The cafe in Hollywood just a few miles away is always packed on a Sunday.

No supermarket there which is a downer. If you're commuting to Dublin Blessington is closer and has more amenities. Ballymore Eustace also worth a look, no supermarket there either but Naas up the road has all the main supermarkets. Manor Kilbride another option for peace & quiet while not being far from the amenties and shops of Blessington.

I cant say I know Dunlavin well but on my impressions it is quiet and dead, I wouldnt describe it as a vibrant village. Maybe thats what you want though. But theres other places that are closer to Dublin which I think are better.

Thank you all for the replies about dunlavin. We want peace and quiet...we live in Dublin and its chaotic and not the dublin I grew up in. Dunlavin is looking like a really good option for peace and tranquility with access to the madness of dublin if I need it from Time to time.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

The madness of Dublin and "not the Dublin I grew up in ". It's not New York or London and has changed for the better from what you grew up in. Moving to a tiny village like Dunlavin is a big change and may also not be fair on kids for friends, future social life etc as well as having everything on your doorstep.

Murpho999

Thank you for your feedback.....I will try my best not to destroy my children's present or future happiness.....

Ireland today is not the ireland I grew up in because time changes everything, some things are better and some things in my opinion are worse...but you keep living in your bubble of beauty and perfection and enjoy every minute of it...after all life is precious......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Manor Kilbride area is what you need

• Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

No need to be so sarky when someone offers a countering opinion. If you're not going to like all answers then you shouldn't ask the question.

Good luck with your move.

Advertisement