Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Full Monty - Disney+

Options
  • 05-11-2023 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭

Didn’t see a thread for this here and it deserves one. I just finished this series. I’d never seen the movie but watched just Nessie I started the series. You don’t Ray need to have seen the niche and, while the movie was good it has its flaws I felt. This series in the other hand was absolutely excellent.

It took Snee off the social commentary of the original movie and mixed it with some good old fashioned English humour and it revived me if Last Of The Sunmer Sine if it was set in gritty reality.

All of the storylines were excellent and very entertaining. Each character dominated their own episode and some if the other character arcs interject too. It has two standards, the older generation and what they’re Gene up to and they’re grandkids and what they’re doing and both stand are compelling and entertaining as well.

I don’t want to spoil anything but there is one callback to the original movie that ends up being absolutely hilarious.

It’s not often I finish a show I want to mark and will watch again but this is one of them. I suppose there are flaws there but they’re few and far between and while it’s gritty and realistic it’s still kind if a fantasy world so it covers anything that isn’t realistic.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,572 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

It is a great show. The same as you I never watched the film. Hopefully it gets renewed for more seasons.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,075 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I loved the film but not the series tbh

RIP Tom Wilkinson aka Gerald

Advertisement