Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drimnagh

Options
  • 03-11-2023 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking at buying a house in Drimnagh. I'm a bit familiar with the area, having lived in Crumlin for a good few years. Would love to hear some feedback on specific streets if people have any. Slievemore Road, Rafters Avenue & Rafters Road are three I'd like to know about. My impression is Slievemore is nice and quiet, haven't spent much time on the other two, would people advise living in this area? Any feedback is very welcome!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭orangerhyme

I don't know about individual streets but Crumlin and Drimnagh are definitely gentrifying gradually.

I've heard of lots of young professional type couples buying in the area as it's affordable and a good location.

The Dunne's plans for Crumlin Shopping Center will be great for the area if it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 YouSaidJellylegs

I live down that end of Drimnagh for the past 5 years. It's well settled and serviced with the park nearby, plenty of shops, schools and transport around. Most of the area is older council housing, mainly retired people, some younger families. The worst in the way of trouble would be standard for Dublin suburbs, dumping, dog mess, kids messing on halloween, the occasional dirtbike buzzing around. Teenagers hang around Benbulbin rd near the shops and cause minor hassle, and one small cul de sac of newer builds "Lissadel Green" seems to be much rougher but the Gardai do keep an eye on it. That said, I have kids who come and go safely to the park and shop and have never had the slightest hassle.

I think Drimnagh is still undervalued and overlooked, being 10 minutes from town, with very generously built houses with gardens and drives and lots of services with prices still just about affordable. The area has a rep from years ago, but most of the people who were involved in mayhem back then are middle aged by now. I've lived in a few areas of Dublin and Drimnagh is very calm and settled by comparison.

Advertisement