Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Resolved] Gameoverdude's appeal of a warning in After Hours

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,625 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

We seem to have discovered another quirk with Vanilla. gameoverdude cannot post in this thread, possibly because they are banned from AH and the OP here quotes the relevant post. I am therefore starting a new thread linking back to (but not quoting) this one

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭gameoverdude

Cheers Beasty.

While I do not think my self innocent completely, I do find the reports unsubstantiated, especially from a mod who was aggressive and well, being a dick(pretty much the whole ah charter was built around that).

I have rarely got a response from a mod through pm previously hence relying on the thread. Frustrating if boards don't care.

I'm willing to take my time out, but sort your mods out.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,471 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Hi gameoverdude

Can you please let me know if you want to dispute your warning and if so please confirm you discussed it with the mod before coming here to DRP?

Thanks

I just sent a message to the other thread?

Just saw I have a reply in this thread. I do want to dispute!

The post was definitely "don't be a dick" standard.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,471 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

OK as I've got a copy of the longer PM thread there is no need to post it here, I've read through it all and I've gone through the thread both before and after your warning was issued.

Once your initial warning was issued you made 3 more posts carrying on the argument with the other poster, then you were threadbanned. You posted again to complain at which point another moderator stepped and gave you another warning.

You sent multiple PMs to the first moderator then when he replied 48 hours later you weren't happy and after further PMs you got a Cmod (me) involved. This takes us to now so - on what grounds do you think either of your warnings should be lifted?

Can you copy and paste my previous replies please.

Hi Gameoverdude

The PM thread is as follows

ModeratorJupiterKid

Points 1

• JupiterKid October 31
    • You are being warned for the following post:

A Woke Society?

View Post

• Do not make personal insults about another poster’s opinions.
    • You have been warned.
    • JupiterKid
    • gameoverdude October 31
    • Not cool. Not cool at all. Shame on you.
    • gameoverdude October 31
    • Your mod mate was a gargantuan dick which is the epitome against the rules of the charter. I'm sure you'll look into that.
    • gameoverdude November 2
    • You mean when I pmd you previously? You never answered. What am I meant to do?
    • JupiterKid November 3
    • I am not obliged to respond to your complaint immediately. I have looked into the thread and you were clearly the antagonist who crossed the line.
    • I see you have also posted about this on the thread and have been warned by another moderator. You are on thin ice.
    • gameoverdude November 3
    • I asked you a question and your fellow mod.
    • And the other mod I had a discussion with was being a dick and their commets were agathe charter.
    • I'd like access to the complaints forum please. It's a gang up here. I'd like to state my case and users see transparency.
    • And don't give me rubbish you haven't been chatting. Not on.
    • JupiterKid November 3
    • I have linked this email conversation to the other mods on the forum.
    • I'm not engaging with you further.
    • gameoverdude November 3
    • Hold on a second. Please create a thread so I can have my say and transparency.
    • I'd like a cmod involved.

At this point you asked me to join the discussion and open a DRP thread for you.

There were a number of PMs back and forth about why you couldn't access the DRP thread that are not relevant, and then today you PMd this as your explanation

• gameoverdude November 6
    • I had posted previously to this thread but I'll go again.
    • The post/s I relied to (a mod) were dickish. I thought that was the whole ethos of boards (don't be a dick)?
    • Yes I replied to a mod instruction, but I never got a reply from a mod through dm. What's the point?

So - now we're all caught up. Why do you think your warning(s) should be overturned? Your above PM does not give any reason

Cheers ten.

Well, your fellow mod was messaging against the ah charter.

I cannot see ah ah posts. Can you post them here so I can equivocal answer please? Cheers.

OK I'm not posting up half the thread as it's not relevant. Here are your posts

This is the post you received the initial warning for, and your subsequent posts

Posting again after your threadban earned you another warning

Also relevant - I believe this is the post Brian? was referring to where you called him a dick

• Advertisement

I don't get notifications from this thread?

Don't know what to tell you re notifications but I'm looking at it now so anything you post I will see it.

You've been given everything you asked for and I have repeatedly asked for a reason to overturn your warnings so at this point until you provide such a reason this will proceed no further.

Kind regards

No I haven’t.

I'm honest.

Brian? Your mod buddy was not the fonz. Explain to me the ah charter. Certainly wasn't what they posted.

OK are you going to provide an explanation for your posts or not, because if you're not then I'm upholding both warnings and the associated bans.

Let me know if you're going to engage with DRP properly otherwise we're done here and you can appeal to the admins if you wish.

I'm lost. I can't access messages and have already explained.

Can you include the mod messages prior to my reply please?

Plus I'm still not getting notifications on this thread

Which thread am I meant to post in again?

All over the place.

You know exactly which thread to post in - this one, and only this one.

I don't know what "mod messages" you are referring to my advice would be to log out of your boards account so you can view After Hours as a guest, then screengrab whatever messages you mean.

Hold on a second there were two threads. It was confusing, although I did feal special.

I know the thread but can't see previous comments.

As for the mod it was Brian?

Edit: still not getting notifications.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,172 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Deleted inane **** posting.

Only relevant cmods/admins and gameoverdude are permitted to post in this thread.

I've asked you for a reason for this dispute - you have not provided one

Until you do there is nothing to discuss. See my above post re how to view the posts you are looking for

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement