Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to buy a new laptop

Options
  • 03-11-2023 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hello,

I’d really appreciate some help with choosing a new laptop please. It will be used for general browsing, movies etc. No gaming or anything.

Would love something with a bright screen, around 15” - 16” preferable. Would also like it to have a NVIDIA graphics card too.

Ideally I’d prefer a Lenovo as both my last two laptops have been Lenovo and they’ve lasted well, but I am open to other brands too.

The budget is around €700-€800 and I’m hoping to pick up something in the black Friday sales.

I’d really appreciate any suggestions as there is so much choice out there that I don’t really know what to go for.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Snowcast

Apologies for the large spaces between each line, I didn't realise they would be like that until after I'd posted the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭macchoille

Get something with 16gb, decent SSD and the screen size you want. For what you want the rest is silly.

My personal computer (desktop) is 12+ yo (has 16gb) , ssd added few years ago. It comfortably does what you need.

I do have a newer work laptop (work supplied).

FYI - I love Lenovo, I’ve had thinkpads since 2004 through jobs, whenever there was a switch to an alternative supplier (4 letter) they were rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭AyeGer

I’m very interested in something similar. I have had good and bad experiences with Dell Inspiron. My most recent one is 3 years old and had not been good. It over heats very easily.

Im interested in maybe Lenovo, HP or Acer.

Same as you Snowcast it is just for home browsing and recreation like YouTube, maybe Netflix etc. Decent graphics, good enough battery and won’t overheat easily.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,394 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

ideapad slim 3i 16 . or 5i 16 might suit - ill have a 3i 16 to to set up for somebody when it comes this week

your getting 13th gen i5s for a decent price and there are different upgrade options to choose between also

• Registered Users Posts: 2 haixia

If you don't use it for gaming or other heavy tasks, you don't need a nvdia graphics card. you need a laptop with decent cpu, 16GB RAM, and good quality screen (such as OLED).

I recommend you get Apple Macbook Air, Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon, Asus Vivobook Pro 15 OLED, Dell XPS 15, or Acer Swift 3 OLED.

Something like here recommend laptops around your needs: pctechtest.com/best-laptops-for-graphic-design

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,586 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

Lenovo has a pre black Friday sale on at the moment. Hunt there for deals.

Advertisement