Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit check

Options
  • 02-11-2023 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

If I was to apply for a mortgage with AIB where would they do an external credit check other than the central Credit Register?

I've only lived in Ireland and had loans from Irish institutions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,268 ✭✭✭✭Victor

They are likely to do any check they can. When applying, you probably sign a waiver saying they can make enquiries. The do make parallel check like payslips, P60s, bank statements, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭DUBLINIRL

Sure, those are all fine and go back 6 months. It's more credit checks agencies I'm looking to find out about. I want to get a credit check done on myself and make sure everything is ok before the banks do. I've done this already with the central credit register but they can't find me despite me having loans within the last 5 years.

Thanks for your response.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭frank730

by law they must check on CCR, there isn't really any other credit reference agency in Ireland anymore for individual customers. If you were a company director there is also vision net they can check. remember any live loans will show the last 24 months of payments( so it wont matter if you missed a couple of payments in 2020) and closed loans/written off loans will stay on record for 5 years.

Could anyone advise if on a mortgage application they ask for previous addresses and if so do they give a limit on how far back e.g all addresses for the last 5 years?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭RichardAnd

I was only asked for my place of residence at the time of the application. They never asked me anything else. The bank was PTSB, but I can't imagine that other banks would want to ask that. Why would they care where you have lived?

• Advertisement

Central credit register can't find me and they suggested I give them my previous addresses to help locate me. I assumed name and PPS would have been enough but seemingly not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭RichardAnd

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭frank730

yes, it's common for lender asking for previous address, there could be an error with your CCR record if they can't find you. you can request a copy of your record from CCR directly, free of charge.

I have requested this and they can't find me using my current address. I would prefer the bank also has the same result as there is no issue then.

I just need to know if the banks are asking for previous addresses on mortgage applications and if so are they looking to go back a maximum number of years (last 5 years only for example) and I will then apply to the central credit register using the same search the bank will do so I can see what they will receive.

Advertisement