Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creating a cost-effective, professional website for online classes?

Options
  • 02-11-2023 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

I ran out of storage on my standard Google account and Google Workspace Individual offered 1TB per month for €8.99 per month so I signed up (https://workspace.google.com/intl/en_ie/individual/). However, Google Workplace Individual support is painfully non existent (I can't contact a single human) so, while I need the extra space on my Google account, it doesn't seem be for me so I'll have to find an alternative way to get more space on my Google account.

Anyway, focusing on the website creation, I bought two domain names on godaddy and now I need to build a website which can facilitate a logon for students, a reliable Zoom-like program to host online classes, uploaded videos of each class, and the ability of students to download notes and pay for courses once they login.

I might take gross €3000 in year one so I can't invest a fortune on it, but I want it to work smoothly and professionally. What is the most cost-effective way to build and manage this website? What sort of money should I expect to pay for the above? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,660 ✭✭✭✭maccored

for the kind of thing you want (as free as possible) I'd recommend https://wordpress.com/ . You can build your site there and then redirect a domain to it (i think). they have a free option.

The average business would spend at least your gross yearly earning on setting up a site and webserver (nevermind someone to look after and develop the site itself) but its somewhere to start.

Advertisement