Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a Camera to Stream Live Video to my Laptop

Options
  • 02-11-2023 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭

Im looking for some sort of camera that can be easily paired with a laptop (ideally wirelessly) in order to be able to stream what the camera is seeing onto the laptop. Its for work purposes. I with machines and some parts are difficult to get access to and it would be much easier to place a camera into these hard to reach areas and see what what the camera is seeing in realtime on a laptop screen outside of the machine. Would also like to be able to record in slowmo and transfer videos to the laptop, again wirelessly is the ideal scenario so I dont have to keep setting up the camera.

Is this relatively straightward and can anyone recommend a camera for the job? Can a GoPro do this or do I also need an app?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭pprendeville

I might not have phrased this correctly. I want to use the camera it as a webcam, i.e. see what the camera is seeing on my laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭eggerb

GoPro can do this to the app; not sure to a laptop. There are probably cheaper options though. Is there a minimum size does the camera needs to be?

Advertisement