Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paddy power bet

Options
  • 02-11-2023 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

I did a bet Tuesday evening in paddy powers for a horse running Wednesday, the horse was 16/1 on its website, I took the 16/1 ,the horse was backed into 4/1 and won. When I went to collect my money yesterday I was told that the price on Tuesday evening was an online price and that I would only be getting the sp price, I took away the docket and said I'd look into it, does anyone know where I stand on this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭charlesanto

Had you asked for a price in the shop, they have told you the race wasn't priced up and explained you can only bet at S/P.

Just because the race was priced up online doesn't mean it was in the shop.

Generally shop prices are only available on the same day.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Facthunt

Did you have it written on the slip?

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Charlie George

I had it written on the slip and the day and time of the race.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Facthunt

Surely you are entitled to it? Was it ever that price in the shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Classic case of if the horse didn't place not a word would've been said.

I'd be escalating that with them. That should've been flagged when placing the bet if it is protocol. Was the price an 'online' special?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Charlie George

Not a special, was that price the night before and 12/1 the morning of the race.

Advertisement