Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parkrun Tourism

Options
  • 02-11-2023 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭

Apart from doing Parkrun in Ireland what Parkruns have you done abroad? And where would you recommend looking to do to tie into a long weekend away?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lazare

I ran Hasenheide in Berlin and it was really nice. Fantastic city for a weekend break, place is dripping in history.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 aerflots_snots

Have a look on Facebook for the Parkrun world travel group... will give you loads of ideas.

A lot aim for letters of the Alphabet, special events where you can do in 24 hrs (can't remember where it is in Europe) special event ones (there was one on the Arran Island's earlier in the year where they rented a boat and went over) ...

With Ryanair still doing semi cheap flights, it's almost a matter of just finding a cheap flight and tying that up with a hostel or cheap hotel and off you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 beckybb

Weekend away in Gadnsk. Easy to get train to Zamek Malbora.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭ISOP

Zuiderpark in The Hague is a fantastic weekend break, a lovely city

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭HBC08

I can't do Parkrun now,had to retire with a bad back but I loved it for a few years.

Didn't get to do many abroad but did do Bristol (lovely city and weekend break) and two different ones in Adelaide (both lovely trails by the beach)

It's a great idea to plan trips around.

• Advertisement
Advertisement