Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it necessary to have a TV box or provider with a smart TV?

Options
  • 02-11-2023 7:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi, apologies for the tech ignorance 🙈. I'm moving into a rented property, first question is how to do i check if there are any broadband contracts with the house I'm about to start renting as the previous tenant up and left the country at short notice? Also I've a smart TV, I have always had broadband and TV bundle but with Netflix etc nobody really uses the TV channels that come with the bundle except for the odd time watching the Irish or UK channels. Before I order broadband does anyone know if the basic channel's that came with the built in saorview on the smart TV will work without getting the extra ad on of a TV bundle with the new broadband supplier or if I'll need to get a smart TV box? I'm just trying to keep costs down and not pay for 100 channels nobody watches. Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,309 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

There will be no broadband unless you pay for it.

Saorview will only work with an aerial connection, so what will work there will depend on the areas you are in and the type of aerial present or needed in that area.

You will of course have no UK channels on saorview.

So it depends on what you want really

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Lifetolive45

Thanks very much for your help👍

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Lifetolive45

Thanks very much👍

Advertisement