Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Resolved] Flesh n Blood Site Ban

Options
  • 01-11-2023 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi.

I setup this account for appeal purposes for Flesh n Blood, not for posting, sock puppetry etc.

I received 5 points on the rugby thread over a 3-4 week period. However, I find myself site banned rather than rugby forum banned. I discussed this at length with the rugby mod Aloooof. I don't think the crime fits the punishment. One warning, given to myself and @Piskin, was for no more than a bit of banter.

I tried to contribute to the rugby forum, and this can be seen from the vast majority of my posts. One was a prediction last Tuesday on the possibility of rain effecting the RWC final on Saturday. A poster @monkeybutter took exception to this, even though it was pointed out by many that such forecasts can be accurate. He/She is still goading my banned account. See this page on Storm Ciaran. https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/121310043#Comment_121310043

Overall, I found one or two of the infringements harsh, and especially harsh to be site banned. Whatever about banned from the rugby forum.

Yours,

Flesh n Blood.

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,079 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

To clarify one part of this, you weren't directly sitebanned. An automatic siteban was applied once your amount of active warnings hit the needed threshold. Once those warnings expire, the siteban does too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Temp FnB

Thanks. When exactly will that be, once infraction number 1 expires?

Thank you @FintanMcluskey for your kind support and advice. I hope to do a similar turn for you in the future.

Mutually satisfactory arrangement made with @Spear

Case can be closed.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,382 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Thank you for alerting me to your latest siteban. Given you were already on a last chance (and had been given plenty of prior chances), your siteban is upgraded to permanent. Please do not try appealing again - you are a timesink. You have paid no attention to all the warnings you have had across many accounts. There will be no more chances

Post edited by Beasty on

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement