Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on combining gas and electrify

Options
  • 01-11-2023 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi, I'm moving into a rented property. There previous tenant had pre pay power and pre pay gas. I've owned my own home for years so only every dealt with electric Ireland and used oil fired central heating. My question is if anyone has any advice on going with the same supplier for both electricity and gas or sourcing two different suppliers? I've never used pre pay before and the top ups on both seem to run out very quickly. Just looking for advice on which is easiest on the pocket. Thanks

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Remove the pre pay if you don’t need it, I think I was with bord gais before for years with electricity and gas, I’m sure you get a better offer rates/discount when getting both from the same supplier. And was using level pay also throughout the year which is great.

go on to one of the comparison website there and see which is the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Lifetolive45

Prefect, thanks for your advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭vinniem

Yes you will get better discounts if you combine your gas and electricity from one supplier. Use bonkers.ie, also EI have reduced unit rates from today 10% for electricity and 13% for gas, I think they have also reduced standing charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Lifetolive45

Thanks👍

Advertisement