Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frank Sinatra

Options
  • 01-11-2023 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,190 ✭✭✭

Have been reading about him recently and looking at old interviews with Johnny Carson and the like. I liked his most popular songs but he recorded hundreds of songs I would never listen to. His mafia connections are well known but I didn't realise how much of a thug he really was. The way he treated women would not be tolerated in today's world. Mia Farrow was just about 18 I think?

But the old clips of him on American TV. In his 50s with a shirt open to his waist (OK not his waist) sitting beside the equally odious Dean Martin both as drunk as a skunk. Behaving like 18 year olds. What a sleazebag.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Jamessmith0901

Oh yeah, I've dug into some old interviews too. It's crazy how much stuff there is about him. And you're right, his behavior wouldn't fly today, especially the way he treated women. Those old clips though, with Dean Martin, total sleazefest. Makes you wonder how things were back then. Times have definitely changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,807 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

He wasn’t even the best male vocalist of that generation he just I think appealed to the everyman, the every girl…had the looks, image, lifestyle and if you like that sort of thing, ‘ personality ‘…

of the singers of that style of that era, give me Andy Williams, Gene Pitney, Marty Robbins…..

• Registered Users Posts: 8 michaelcwyatt

Well, even now, some superstars do not have enough talent. Charisma, self-confidence, rebelliousness, some kind of mystery - this makes a person interesting for the public.

What was allowed in those days is difficult to imagine now.. But then everything was different..

Advertisement