Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying for incremental credit for non teaching previous experience

Options
  • 01-11-2023 8:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hi all,

I am in the process of applying for incremental credit for non teaching previous professional experience. It seems to be a minefield where there is no consistency and rejection of application is common place without clear explanation. I was hoping somebody here might have experience of the process and be willign to share. I am currently in the process of gathering paperwork from two previous employers. Thanks in advance T.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Treppen

Service in other closely related educational fields can be recognised. But the chances of it happening are very very slim.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭ottolwinner

Have you a link op to any application form?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭2mature

Here is the doc. A woodwork teacher in another school got it as he was a carpenter previously, mine isn't that straightforward but might be worth a shot for you ottolwinner

• Registered Users Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Treppen

Worth a try anyway, if you're a science teacher I'd give you a leg up the scale. If you're a history teacher then I don't think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Typically your experience in another sector has to be related to your degree qualification, i.e. you needed the degree you are using for teaching to do the previous job... so the comment about working in the pharma industry could be relevant for someone who has a science degree and is now working as a science teacher.

• Advertisement
Advertisement