Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could saorview "jump" across wires?

Options
  • 01-11-2023 7:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Basically I have a cable running from the satellite dish and TV aerial to each room, but have copped that I get saorview from both outlets in one room.

I didn't wire the house but it's a twin cable (linked together) that's split in the attic and that part is correct so I'm a bit baffled. Only thing I can think of is that the saorview is "jumping" from one wire to the other?

I can't try it at the moment but I was getting satellite from one of the wires before.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭greenpilot

Since nobody has bothered to answer...

It's your TV.

If you have a modern TV, it will recieve Saorview regardless outlet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,970 ✭✭✭emaherx

That is not correct, Aerial is required for Saorview regardless of how old TV is. (And Saorsat needs a completely different satellite setup to UK channels)

If you are getting Saorview on both cables, then I suspect you are in a strong signal area and the run of cable itself is acting as the aerial. If the signal were jumping across cables then you have extremely poor quality cables and still unlikely without an amplified signal.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Grey123

Thank you. This is likely it. The TV is in the converted attic and I probably have a straight line to the transmitter.

Mystery solved!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭Glaceon

I know someone in West Dublin who is able to get Saorview on the dish feed, purely down to the strong signal there. But my experience recently proved that it could also be the faceplate on the wall. I was getting crosstalk from both cables on both feeds, but removing the faceplate and connecting one or the other cable worked as expected. I had to replace the faceplates with shielded ones to avoid it.

Advertisement