Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adding Spanish as a subject

Options
  • 01-11-2023 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi, I have French and Irish as subjects. I am wondering about adding Spanish as a subject. I know there is the course in UCC that qualifies you in two years but I don't have the level of Spanish at the moment to apply for that course and that course will probably stop in next year or two. NUIG has a 2 year part time diploma that gives you 30 credits but I am not sure what to do after that as I can't attend college during the day time and get the other 30 credits. Does anyone know what other routes/universities there are? Thank you.

Post edited by Mandf on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

I don't think the credits will be the issue. There is a teaching council requirement for foreign languages to have spent 3 months in the country where that language is spoken.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,480 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Have you looked at the Open University? The cheapest would probably be to use Cervantes / grinds to improve your level of Spanish and then do the UCC course. Why do you think it's going to stop soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Mandf

I thought it was a limited course funded by department of education which could end at any time?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Mandf

I thought it was a limited course funded by the department of education which could end at any time?

Advertisement