Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Crown Jewel 2023

Options
  • 31-10-2023 7:45pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The 2023 Crown Jewel is the upcoming fifth Crown Jewel professional wrestling pay-per-view (PPV) and livestreaming event produced by WWE. It will be held for wrestlers from the promotion's Raw and SmackDown brand divisions. The event will take place on Saturday, November 4, 2023, at Mohammed Abdu Arena in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, marking the second Crown Jewel held at this venue after the 2021 event. It will be the 10th event that WWE will hold in Saudi Arabia under a 10-year partnership in support of Saudi Vision 2030.

Match Card:

Undisputed Universal WWE Championship Singles Match: Roman Reigns (C) VS LA Knight

World Heavyweight Championship Singles Match: Seth Rollins (C) VS Drew McIntyre

WWE Women's Championship Singles Match: Iyo Sky (C) with Bayley & Dakota Kai VS Bianca Bel Air

Women's World Championship Fatal 5 Way: Rhea Ripley (C) VS Raquel Rodriguez VS Nia Jax VS Shayna Baszler VS Zoey Stark

WWE United States Championship Singles Match: Rey Mysterio (C) VS Logan Paul

Singles Match: Damian Priest VS Cody Rhodes

Singles Match: John Cena VS Solo Sikoa

Preview Show Singles Match: Sami Zayn VS JD McDonagh

For a Saudi show the card is pretty stacked with probably the most title matches on the card since Mania.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,292 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Will John Cena come out and say WrestleMania should be here for the deserving fans of Saudi.

I'm sure the Saudi royal family will happily pay a billion for it to join the Golf, F1, Boxing, UFC, Tennis, Horse Racing, The Fifa World Cup

• Registered Users Posts: 85,056 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I think this is the last of Reigns until next year

No Gunther IC or tag titles matches

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Kick off show is at 4pm I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I like Jordan, I really do, the guy is a good wrestler but I can't help but feel he is gonna get buried backstage after that match. Shark infested waters that wwe is.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

What happened? Botches?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,340 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Really looking forward to this event

Started just now. World Heavyweight Title match on first

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Dunno, crowd were fairly into it I think we even got a this is awesome chant!

Took a mad looking monkey flip.

One or two other things looked slightly off too.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,773 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Enjoy

Working sadly, will give it a quick watch later

MITB fakeout was good. Sami should cash in on Reigns with the stolen briefcase, crowd would go nuts😂

• Advertisement

Logan has clearly been watching Adam Page (he used 3 of his moves)

New US Champ now too. No harm, Rey's reign was very meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭sioda

Crowd is flatter than the thunderdome during COVID

They are alright.

I think they were hotter earlier in the show but in the Logan Mysterio match no one cared for most of it. Even tho it was pretty good.

Re: this, I do wonder if Page is on Collision tonight and decides to steal something of Logans lol.

Decent return for Kairi Sane but I do wonder if Saudi Arabia is the best place to debut a new female star.

They were ok earlier but the Cena loss flattened them completely. Better for Rhodes/Priest though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭sioda

A predictable finish there. WWE generally never pull the trigger on someone who is getting their first world title shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Sane looks great, looking forward to seeing a darker heel version

Overall average PPV..flat enough ending...would have loved to see an Orton/reigns stare down to end the show

• Advertisement

It was grand for a glorified house show which is what the Saudi shows always are really.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,056 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Hopefully Escobar or Carlito win it back for NWO or even Solo or Waller

I'm surprised Cena lost, they really are pushing the narrative that he is past it, nearing retirement imho

• Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I was always a fan of Kairi. Good to see her back and she looked incredible. Haven't watched much of the rest of the show, will dip into it between tonight and tomorrow.

Must be tough enough for the talent and crew to not be able too let there hair down after the show

Maybe a trip to McDonald's and Bowling has to do

• Registered Users Posts: 9,692 ✭✭✭hynesie08

• Registered Users Posts: 28,800 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Kairi! Hope I'm not saying "Poor Kairi" again.

Looks like Sky Pirates are back. Was thinking Iyo didn't seem to care that she hit Bayley and Damage Ctrl end has been coming for a while now.

Expected Logan Paul to win, but thought Escobar would use the knuckles on Rey. Though I think this will lead to arguments between them about whether Santos left them for Logan on purpose or not.

On a side note, with Kairi's return I was wondering was Beast in the East the last big show in Japan?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Logan is an infinitely better choice for US champ. He's going to be carrying that belt round everywhere, and is so perfect in that role they have them in.

I've seen whispers of Logan vs Knight for a Mania program, which would be god tier imo.

Also, love Kairi being back. Have a shirt with her and Asuka on it, so I love it's nearly relevant again :D

I'd say they'll tease it out more till Dakota is good to go again, probably enact the turn around Rumble time cos they'll want to have the title off Iyo before the road to Mania I'd imagine....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,800 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Seems she's not due back in the ring until about January or February so will see. Now that they're back together they may see about getting the title off Iyo so she and Kairi can go for the tag titles. Maybe at Survivor Series unless they decide to do the champ vs champ thing.

Speaking of, now they can start building to SS starting tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Advertisement