Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Day dinner in Tipperary

Options
  • 31-10-2023 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

Just wondering if any hotels or restaurants in mid or south Tipp would be doing dinner on Christmas Day?

I've tried the Talbot and Minella in Clonmel, Aherlow House, Ballykisteen, Bailey's in Cashel, Cahir House and the Horse & Jockey but all are closed on the 25th

Any suggestions would be appreciated

P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 kjgf123

If you really want to treat yourself you could book into the Cashel Palace.

The talbot used to do Christmas dinners but looks like that's no longer the case. Looks to be a few places in Cork, Limerick or Kilkenny that offer it if you where willing to travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭PatM65

Cashel Palace is residents only unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

I dont know if they still do, but iirc Mitchell House in Thurles did Christmas dinners.

Great recommendation and looking at their menu I will definitely visit at some point.

Unfortunately they're not open Christmas Day - but excellent customer service as they returned my call even though they are closed on Wednesdays.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Paddico

Did you find a place Pat

• Advertisement

Nope.

Finished up getting a takeout dinner from Whelan's Butchers in Clonmel on Christmas Eve.

Advertisement