Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland 100: An Old Song Re-Sung

Options
  • 31-10-2023 8:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭

Came in on a bit of this last night ... mainly traditional songs sung by socalled 'contemporary artists' ... meaning a lot of Dermot Kennedy ... we all know his auntie has a lot to do with his fame and it is more of RTE pushing one of their own ... we are constantly getting these people pushed at us and they are ... in this case ... not suited to the genre here .... I am sure there are some real folk singers out there who could do with the break? ...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭spakman

Well it was an old song "re-sung" so I think the intention was to do it a bit differently to the traditional manner, although they still included some of that with Damien Dempsey.

I enjoyed it, an interesting show with a different slant.

Advertisement