Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best, most reliable broadband internet provider in Tramore? (October 2023)

Options
  • 30-10-2023 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭

Eir broadband is always causing issues. Does anyone have any suggestions, not to fix Eir because it's rubbish, but for good alternatives to Eir, especially regarding the general Tramore area.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Tailend

HiSpeed Broadband is a local company, the owners live in Tramore.

They provide wireless and fibre broadband, I've been with them years

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭JMcL

In terms of instrastructure, it's all running on the Eir network, so if the OP issues are down to the physical connection, moving provider might not make a heap of difference - but I can fully sympathise with the "Eir is rubbish" sentiment (I can think of some stronger descriptions).

You don't say if it's DSL or fibre (I assume the latter at this stage). I always had a nightmare with DSL (Vodafone as provider) to the point where I had to dump it an use 4G (and I'm in the middle of Tramore!) for a year until I could get fibre which has been rock solid for the last year and a half. I'm with Pure Telecom who I haven't had any issue. 4G was mostly fine, though it was through the latter bits of lockdowns so I never had bad problems with congestion.

As Tailend said, HiSpeed would be a decent choice. They also do a wireless connection (couldn't avail of it unfortunately as had an obstruction between us and the mast) and it was them who suggested trying 4G

Advertisement