Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Estimate to repair watch

Options
  • 30-10-2023 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭

So, I have a watch that has stopped and won't wind. It's not an expensive one at all - one of those retro Russian watches, maybe worth 50-100 euro - but wonder what might be a reasonable price to get it fixed. I'm not sure if the value of the watch would impact on the price.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

Is it a Vostok?

I've got them serviced and repaired by a guy in Germany at quite reasonable cost.

€50-100 sort of thing, plus postage.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭BobbyMalone

Cheers! The higher price would be pretty much the cost of the watch.

It's not Vostok so probably far cheaper, less reliable.

Would you not recommend any walk in places in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Just imagine a trained guy has to open the watch, take it apart, find out what's wrong, get parts or new movement. Replace parts. Its going to take time, labour on a car in your local garage is probably €80 an hour to work on a car, so that gives you an idea. Might be a quick fix, but no one knows till he opens it.

Usually they are considered disposal at that price unless there's sentimental value. I broke a vostok by **** around with it, it's now in the bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭H_Lime

Yea unless it's sentimental either have the movement replaced if cheap or bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

That that reminds me, must pick up a new one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 HardcoR

Find someone traveling to Poland or other Eastern block country, the fix there will be much cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭notuslimited

To put things into perspective, I had a 30 year old Seiko Flightmaster which for the last 10 years had sat in a drawer having stopped and with other damage to face. Seiko in Frankfurt had it for 2 months and they fixed it for €105.

Advertisement