Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spaniards looking for a Summer job

Options
  • 29-10-2023 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hello to you all. I (20 male) and some friends my age would like to work in Ireland next Summer. We are a group of spaniards in search of a one or two month work experience in a different EU country. Given that we mostly only speak English -very fluently- our first thought was to work in Ireland, preferably Dublin. We would like to know how to do this (paperwork, best sites to find affordable housing, better jobs to apply to, etc) and get some recommendations. It would be important not to spend more money than we earn, but be sure that making money is not our main target.

Obviously, we are delighted to accept any job or housing offers that you share with us :). We do not have any work experience but are very hard-working. Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

I would suggest targeting smaller cities or towns, as it is very expensive to get accomodation in Dublin. I would assume there would be some seasonal hospitality work in the south and west of Ireland. Have a look at daft.ie to get a sense of available rentals & rates around the country.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

You'll have to register to get a PPS number for tax purposes. You can apply for it at your local Intreo office. As Spanish citizens you don't need any other special permissions to work in Ireland.

If you don't have much work experience you probably won't get a job that pays much more than minimum wage. The cost of living here is high so I'd stay away from Dublin. If you're only going to be here for a few weeks you might find it difficult to get accommodation as it not plentiful and that is the case all over the country. I'd probably look at the west or south west of Ireland for hospitality jobs. If you're only going to be here for a few weeks maybe you could live in a hostel for a while. I did it myself for a few weeks when I moved to Canada.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,767 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Get yourself some work experience and references before you leave home.

Advertisement