Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City based Metal / Rock festivals

Options
  • 29-10-2023 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭

Hi, looking to go to a large metal or hard Rock festival next summer in Europe and looking for recommendations.

Not looking to camp so the main criteria is it has to be in a city were its possible to get a hotel/apartment and travel to/from the festival easily each day?

Currently considering Tons of Rock in Norway & Ressurection Fest in Northern Spain.

Any recommendations? Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,349 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Can't comment on your under considerations as I've not been.

Been to a number of others over the years though. Some had great realistic pre-pitch options but as it seems zero interest in camp at all I'll just mention the below...

Mystic Festival probably fits the bill from what you ask, in Gdansk bout a 15 minute walk even from the inner city. Good few choices of hotel. Nice and easy really doesn't start too early can ramble in and explore city and eateries before setting in.

Graspop Metal Meeting hands down if you have a group get in on a holiday home. Where they're based has a supermarket,restaurants and even a waterpark it's about a 20-25 shuttle ride. Dessel is only a little quaint town in Belgium so not sure if that's a dealbreaker for ya.

Brutal Assault, some cheap very unfashionable I will say hotels you can get in conjunction with the organisers type thing. Near the city of Hradec Kravlove (2 hours from Prague). Festival takes place in a Fortress! May be something worth exploring for ya.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Roadburn in Tilburg is fantastic, but more oriented towards lesser known bands.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭lc180

Cheers for the info! I've been interested in going to Gdansk for ages and had no idea about Mystic Festival so will definitely have a proper look at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭lc180

Tons of Rocks added Tool & Metallica this week so the decision was made for me. Oslo it is.

Assume it was geared towards the summer outdoor ones but yes the indoor ones in NL essentially are ideal.

Not been to Roadburn but the 013 venue is class caught a couple of shows there.

Prognosis (Eindhoven) and new one The Rock Circus (Den Bosch) are very good events also.

• Advertisement

Not too shabby at all.

Graspop on my agenda again should be a big week for announcements.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭finhex

I just leave these here:

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭finhex

Advertisement