Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Self levelling compound for dip in one area of floor

Options
  • 29-10-2023 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

I want to pour self levelling compound to just fill a single dip in a concrete subfloor, before putting down a laminate floor on top. I found a smaller area in larger floor that has 6/16th" dip in places. I don't want to cover the whole floor as the rest seems to be fine and within the tolerance. Any tips on how best to pour and spead into a single dip without the compound spreading to unwanted areas. I guess it will naturally sit into the dip. First time working with self levelling so any tips much appreciated! Thanks in advance :)

Post edited by Beakflakes on

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,657 ✭✭✭10-10-20

I've done this once and it's not to difficult as long as you make up the self-leveling compound to the correct consistency. You basically pour it, move it around to ensure a complete fill, then feather the edges and let it go-off. Just have a good long level ready at hand to check the condition of the fill as you only want to do this once.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭Shoog

It doesn't level as well as you think. Be prepared to trowel it out and work quickly as it goes off in less than half an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

As above it does not level.

I made some with the consistency of paint, and it works well, but you need to be ready to world around the edges, and have board ready to skim it level with the rest of the floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,195 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,009 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

How about epoxy paint? It's epoxy, and presumably flows like paint, so...?

• Advertisement
Advertisement