Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public aircraft simulator

Options
  • 29-10-2023 9:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭

Hi,

the young fella seems to have gone bananas for airplanes the last 6 months, he’s even taking pics of them from the front garden as they are taking off and landing now, we live in Shannon so that’s handy 😁

im thinking for Christmas , to get a voucher for a go in a proper simulator, a full cockpit job.

i know we have Shannon aviation museum here in Shannon but they seem to be pc based sims.

i see upilot in Dublin has a 737 Simulator there,

has anybody any experience / thoughts on the above or any recommendations for the best way to go about this.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Actually looks like Atlantic air adventures in Shannon does have a full cockpit 737.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Simtech aviation in Dublin are very good. Got my son a voucher for there a while back and it was great fun. Staff there are excellent too. Ring them for prices rather than going via the web

Post edited by PukkaStukka on

They look like the job alright, was that in a full motion simulator?

Nope it's fixed. There are full motion Sims there but are owned by the airlines, and are for their exclusive use

Ah ok,

I’ll try Atlantic air adventure in Shannon then seeing as it’s close and it’s fixed also.

thanks

• Advertisement

The guys in Simtech told me that some people may find the sensation of a full motion off-putting and make them queasy. I'll just mention that in case your heart is much set on going that route!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

+1 for Simtech. Did their 737 sim a few years back.

Superb experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭b318isp

I did the uPilot simulator this year and really enjoyed it. Tip: they ask you where you'd like to fly, so it may be good to have an idea beforehand. They are 737NG only.

Advertisement