Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2015 Kia Venga foglight problem.

Options
  • 28-10-2023 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭

MY sis-in-laws Kia Venga failed the NCT because the tester said no foglights were working - front or rear.

Checked it out today and found the following

1) front and rear foglights will come on if you select Main Beam.

2) neither front nor rear will come on when you select parking lights or Dipped beam.

3) with both front and rear on if you go from Main to Dipped - the fronts go off and the rears remain on. The rears remain on even if you go to parking lights.

Front foglights should come on when dips are selected so I presume the setup above will not be acceptable for NCT.

Would the light switch on the steering column be the most likely culprit ?

Would appreciate opinions or advice from anyone who may have come across this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,429 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

At all these functions on the same stalk?

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭dooroy

yes all on the same stalk

• Registered Users Posts: 6,145 ✭✭✭User1998

Just show them the fog lights working and you’ll pass. They won’t care or check what setting you have your lights on.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,429 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I’d strongly suspect the stalk.

Regardless of scraping it through the test, your sister in law might appreciate having working rear fog lights some day so I’d def get this fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭dooroy

I feel it must be the stalk causing the problem also.

Once the rears are on they will remain on even when you dip the lights or go to parks - so at least she will have rears if needed.

But will get it sorted .

Thanks for your replies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Chippy01

You wouldn't use main beams in fog conditions because of the reflection back caused.

Fog lights should work from side/marker/parking (pick your favourite here) lights onwards.

If they are only working on the main beams, there is a wiring or connection issue somewhere that needs fixing.

Advertisement