Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Selling car privately - what is it worth?

Options
  • 28-10-2023 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭

Hi All

I have got a company car so been tasked with selling the missus car

Its a 191 Seat Arona 1.0 cc petrol

She bought from a main dealer

About 50k KM and is like new

What would be a realistic price to ask for it .

I haven't sold a car in years . Is done deal still the site to use.

I'm not sure if there is a market for newish cars privately .I was half thinking of trying garages that buy cars without a trade in . If so , could anyone recommend places in Cork ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,094 ✭✭✭User1998

Dealers are asking €18k, so I’d say you’d need to be closer to €15k if you want to shift it privately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭lalababa

Its is a 4 year old car but you'd be surprised by the bias against buying privately ,of anything nearly new or over 10,000 worth, by private individuals. Therefore I'd go the dealer route...ring around etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭djan

Popular car that will sell handily enough if in good nick. Call around garages to get quotes if you want but for the tiny hassle of selling privately you could bag yourself an extra €2/3k.

Donedeal is the best way and make sure to photo the car clean from all angles including interior shots and list spec and service history.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,593 ✭✭✭✭elperello

ZuCar are in Cork, they buy.

Might be worth trying the garage it was bought in. They could have a customer looking for a good secondhand one.

Any garage will have to make a profit on your car after valeting and servicing it and giving a guarantee.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭JVince

Selling to a garage, esp the garage you bought from, is probably the best hassle free option.

If they know it will sell quickly, they'll offer a decent price.

People will pay a premium for the warranty and valeting, so that cost is not fully taken off what you would get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭goochy

D. Canny are well respected an buy cars

Advertisement