Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Test pit for planning permission.

Options
  • 27-10-2023 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

I've inherited a few acres recently and I'm thinking of getting planning permission on it to build a house for myself.

At the moment it's overgrown but Ive got a lad coming in a few weeks to clear it off with a digger so I'm wondering if I can ask him to dig a few test holes.

I presume there is specs and locations they have to be dug? Do I need to have plans from an architect and consultations with relevant bodies to find out where the test holes need to be dug?

Really what I'm trying to ask is how can I find out the locations of where the holes will need to be dug and depths or do I need architectural plans in place first?

I'm in Wexford by the way.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

You need to get a site layout drawing, then an engineer or site assessor to determine where the holes should be and to assess them. Get percolation tests for the wastewater treatment system and soakaway done too while you're at it.

Advertisement