Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Unusual license plate

Options
  • 27-10-2023 9:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

This morning I saw an army green van with what looked like a military license plate (silver on black), except as far as I'm aware military registrations are in the normal format 232-D-12345. This one had NEB 51234. Is that a special one?

Or is it a Polish army enthusiast trying to blend in (3 letters and 5 digits is a valid format in Poland - just not in silver-on-black)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,406 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Was it definitely the reg or could it have been a separate asset tag type thing for internal use, like you might see on trucks belonging to companies with fleets?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Count Dracula

Where ?

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Arnout

It was in the normal place for the license plate and if the question "where" relates to the location where I saw the van, that was in Western Industrial Estate in Dublin 12.

Advertisement