Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New install kstar inverter blue s 5000d

Options
  • 26-10-2023 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭

Just had the electric side installed yesterday and things don't look good. I have a flashing green power light and three or four warnings errors on the kstar hybrid inverter. Would I be best to shut the machine down? Also I have a black and white wired ct transformer that was omitted from install? Could this be the problem? Tried explaining this to rep on phone wasn't really listening. Said electrician would hopefully be out tomorrow to commission machine if not I will have to wait till Tuesday. Seriously this couldn't be good for the machine. Nothing out of battery either maybe no harm if it's not communicating with inverter. Restarted inverter made no difference.

Post edited by red bellied on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭JayBee66

I have the same inverter. Did you self-install any of it? Sounds strange that a company would install and set an inverter running but not set it up properly.

Can you list the warning and error codes?

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭red bellied

Support hasn't been ideal I eventually got talking to the boss man friday evening who was put out cos he was at a wedding. I only wanted two minutes of his time and he said there is a bit more needed to setup regarding the installation. But Wednesday evening the electrician said it was up and running and the app is the final procedure. I just turned it off for now. There was at least three or four error codes and I asked him this and he said it would sort out when it has finally being commissioned. Electrician is back again this Wednesday.

Don't know if you can help or not but I had the electrician back again and since the solar rep. At the minute the power clamp is on the wrong way, the logger was also installed upside down. I can't access logger because the area is too tight to maneuver. The battery is also showing w05, w06 and w20. It now has a light flashing and two solid green blocks buy don't think it's charging. Anything I could try with battery? Or probably battery related to power clamp?

W05 - Battery Loss (battery probably not connected)

W06 - Battery Volt Low (probably because of W05)

W20 - BMS Fault (probably because of W05)

What kind of cowboys are installing your PV? Is the electrician qualified to install PV? I don't know how the logger was put on upside down as I thought there was only one way to connect it. Sounds like your electrician has little to no experience. You should be able to take the middle plate off (between battery and inverter) and get at the logger.

You are probably not permitted to name and shame the installer on this forum. You can send me a private message with their details and I'll look them over.

If you are getting a grant from the SEAI then you could well be getting a quality control visit from them. Of course, you could volunteer for such a visit and failure by your installer to fix the problems could get them struck off as a recognised installer. That'll get their attention.

It was the first time they used the electrician. The regular fella for the area was off on holidays. I don't think they will be using him again. He said he has done solar install before but never a kstar. Thought overall it would be similar. Ya I had a job in the end up getting at logger cos he installed unit wrong way around for access and it's very tight to the wall. I now have Internet access. Is there a manual way in inverter settings that I can and try kick the battery to charge so I can rule out if its installed wrong. Should the battery dip switch settings be turned on?

I will ring them again tomorrow not too keen on your man coming back.

I have optimisers installed on some panels. Should the panels with optimisers show up individually through the app? I have also home assistant just setup.

Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement

The Solarman app is oblivious to the type of hardware you use. All it does is report on Watts in and Watts out, no matter where they come from or how they are made. The app is generic and used by many inverter manufacturers, therefore it has to be plain, vanilla and simple.

I don't think you should be fiddling around with the battery. The DC cables are lethal. Yes, the dip switches need to be set but it needs a professional. Not just for safety but also for warranty. I would feel very uncomfortable advising you to do anything.

You need to get onto the vendor and insist they send round a competent installer. It sounds like this install has gone on long enough and is becoming a legal issue with regards to completion of contract. I strongly suggest you contact the SEAI, as well, telling them that you have not received what you paid for.

Just an update on this and you tube.

So found an installation video of my model and setup, found out dip switch for battery was not set, no network cable between battery and inverter. This has been resolved and battery is now capable of charging. The ct clamp needs to be plugged into back of inverter and cabled back to meter. It was originally just connected in meter box. Electrican is coming back to sort the run and hopefully everything is sorted tomorrow.

Advertisement