Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Site visits

Options
  • 26-10-2023 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi folks, Donegal here

Just wondering everyone’s experience with site visits during the planning process, we’ve already had someone visit the site and go over paperwork and leave without even leaving the car, with the amount of rain there’s been the site is soaking and I’ve been told there may be a visit from environmental crowd and don’t like to see the site soaking? Not much we can do really,

would love to hear your experiences 👍🏻

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,822 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Is this a new house build in a rural location?

Nothing unusual for one of the planners or engineers to visit and remain in the car. Sometimes its just to confirm that the site notice is present and correct.

As for a EHO (environmental health officer) visiting the site it depends on what is actually is proposed.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 SkilpTDI

Sorry yes, new house build in rural, I’ve talked to a few locals that have had planning granted recently and had no other visits bar the visit like you say maybe to check the site notice

• Registered Users Posts: 45,822 ✭✭✭✭muffler

As part of your planning application you would have submitted a site assessment report regarding sewage treatment and disposal and I have yet to see it being challenged by the EHO so if he or she turns up its just a box ticking exercise and to claim the travelling expenses of course. I wouldn't be worried about the visits as these are part and parcel of the planning process and you will receive some form of notification within 8 weeks of applying.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 SkilpTDI

Yes we did, that’s perfect that puts my mind at ease, thanks a mil!

Advertisement