Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carpenter living in Australia looking for a change

Options
  • 26-10-2023 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all, I wasn’t sure where to post this so took a guess at in here, so here’s my situation, any feedback and advice would be greatly appreciated

I’m a 32 year old fully qualified carpenter/joiner (Irish qualification if that matters) living in Perth on a sponsored visa. I love being a carpenter but I’m growing sick of it as a day to day job as everything is a rush and most days I feel ran off my feet and behind from the minute I start so would like to move away from the tools, being a carpenter is the only job I’ve ever had and I don’t really have experience in anything else so a change in career to something non construction related isn’t really an option I’m guessing without a big drop in pay which I can’t really afford so I’m hoping to go to college at night and assume being a qualified carpenter with some kind of construction related degree should be a good move, I’m wondering what type of options are open to me college wise to maybe move up the ladder into a construction management type of job or if anyone could advise something else that could be related, I’m a bit useless with this kind of stuff so any advice will be great, thanks

Advertisement