Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does claiming for a windscreen claim increase your premium?

Options
  • 25-10-2023 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

So.... bought my dream car after the guts of a year of searching and low and behold I parked it in town and came back to a chip in the windscreen. 

BTW, I fully realise that there is no real logic /fairness apart from "*The system has given you this premium sir, we have no control over it"*, but thought I'd throw it out there in the hopes someone perhaps has better knowledge of these things. 

But thought Is ask ask many insurers ask this question and count it as a claim although it doesn't "affect" your no claims discount. 

Base on the cartel that is the Irish car insurance industry, I'm sceptical of the reality of this to say the very least.

If making a claim for a chip is likely to jack up my price I might consider just take the hit and repair it myself. 

Comments

Advertisement