Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opening walls cost

Options
  • 25-10-2023 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone who has opened a wall recently could share how much it cost?

We are thinking of renovating our kitchen which will involve opening a load baring wall. We are located in the midlands.

Thanks in advance.

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭all the bais

Done the same in my kitchen, cut out a large opening in load bearing wall to install a breakfast bar between kitchen and living area.

Full cost was €750, which included 2m steel beam.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ScottDurkin_

Thanks for sharing. The beam we would need to install would be longer but this gives us an idea :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,194 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Did this include engineers design and sign off before the beam was encased?.

OP, you should consider getting engineers sign off on the beam design and install before it's encased as a future buyer may ask for the work to be certified.

In the current market generally not an issue, but have seen it an issue during the last few recessions.

prospective buyers can only be satisfied by invasive opening up and making good, paid by vendor.

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Advertisement