Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loan company similar to Provident

Options
  • 24-10-2023 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Is there anywhere to get a short term small loan similar to Provident? I can't go to bank or credit union as have bad credit due to issue few years ago. I have good income, home owner just had a few large unexpected household expenses and it's cleaned me out for month. I have bonus and Christmas savings coming to me next month but am really stuck until then. I am not fussed about high interest but having looked online some of these loan companies look very dodgy possible scams. I'd appreciate anyone pointing me in right direction.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,552 ✭✭✭Allinall

Ask your bank for a temporary overdraft.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Desertmoon1

I wouldn't get an overdraft. I need loan from company who deals with people with bad credit. I know they exist, I know they are high interest but there are so many scam places too. I don't want to be at risk of Identity theft or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,858 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Credit union are approachable. They will consider based on current repayment ability. Not past issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,914 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Speak with your credit union. A stop gap loan, while getting you somewhat out of a financial hole at the moment, will hit you with larger interest and longer time repaying. Which will make that hole bigger to get out of.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Boardnashea

++1 Talk to you CU. It is no harm to ask.

• Advertisement
Advertisement