Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CRO abridged dates

Options
  • 23-10-2023 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hello

Can you please help me with this two question , as I'm lost?

Date of incorporation CRO: 20/05/2022

First B1, no financial statements : 20/11/2022

Second B1 with financial statements 20/11/23

Q1: the dates on the financial statements , for CRO, should be from 20/05/2022 to 30/04/2023 ?

How do I split them on the abridged financial statements? :

20/05/2022 to 01/12/2022 (for 2022 year) and then 02/12/2022 to 30/04/2023(for 2023 year)?

At the Revenue I have these dates? 01/06/2022 to 01/12/2022

Then 02/12/2022 to 01/12/2023

I use Sage , so the balance sheets is set up with the Revenue dates...

Q2: what software do you use for the abridged financial statements, please ?

I'm so confused...

Much appreciated

Thank you !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 danairl

Nobody here, please?

Up again, maybe I'll find a good souls

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

First of all you should only have one financial year end, and use that for both CRO and Revenue. Have you submitted any CT returns to Revenue? You should ensure to use the same financial year end as the Revenue submission.

I would urge you to contact an accountant to prepare the accounts and B1 because you will find yourself in bother with the CRO and Revenue trying to do it yourself.

While the ARD is 20/11/23 the deadline to file is 56 days after this, so while you might not have much success with accountants in the next few weeks in the lead up to the income tax filing deadline of 15/11/23 you still have plenty of time to get things right.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Immy

I’d be going first set of accounts 29/05-31/12 and bring your first ARD date up to 30 /Sep

most people like to have there year end in line with the calendar year .

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭capefear

Yep I would extend the 2 annual return and have a year end the 31 Dec with bothe the CRO and revenue. it will make your life easier.

• Advertisement

Thank you

Much appreciated 🙏

The first CT Return was 1/12/2022 for 6 mo only.. then the next one will be 2/12/2023

I don't understand those dates at the Cro , the Financial year is different than Revenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Immy

a quick enough conservation with your accountant would explain all this to you.

you pick your year end and then you tell the revenue what it is. Re CRO , ARD dates are changed easily to suit your year end.

but whatever you do DO NOT MISS AN ARD DATE 🤣🤪

Advertisement