Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

5008 1.5 HDI

Options
  • 23-10-2023 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭

Hi All

Thinking of buying a 2019 / 2020 5008 GT

What are your thoughts? has there been many major issues? I read up on the belt recall and that's one concern, iv also seen other common issues like rattling etc

Iv looked at a few with decent milage, 40-60K...

Had initially wanted to go for an estate but the 3 full back seats is swinging me to 5008, especially as we currently have 2 childseats and more in the future is likely.

Any owners out there happy they went for the 5008?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Birka

The belt recall applies only to the 1.2 Puretech engine. I had a 1.5 HDi that showed significant oil sludge on the base of the filler cap (proper black sludge, not cold running mayonnaise) so I think that a full service history, preferably with 15,000km oil change intervals would be important. Mine had mostly rural use and is the only diesel engine that I've had issues with. The default service interval is 30,000km which is too long. The 'arduous' service schedule is more appropriate in my opinion.

The fake leather cracks on the driver's seat bolster on Allure models and the paint can be thin - the bonnet bolts often show rust which makes you wonder about other parts. Other than that, they're a really practical car and the three isofix points on individually adjustable seats in the middle row are really useful.

Advertisement